Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My Ford Fiesta with SYNC 3 suddenly says my phone wont keep

Customer Question

my Ford Fiesta with SYNC 3 suddenly says my phone wont keep a stable bluetooth connection. I have rebooted it, checked all the connections, removed the relevant fuse from the car and replaced it. nothing improves it.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Only the passenger compartment
JA: What year is your Fiesta?
Customer: 2018
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Turned everything off. Opened the driver door, closed it. Turned ignituion on again. Taken out fuse 10 for 1 minute and replaced it. Removed my phone from the system and re-paired it several times. Checked my phones bluetooth system.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 19 days ago.

Hi there   , good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response I hope you are well

Can I ask who Iam speaking with

Tonight

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today

Iam sorry to hear your having  issues with your vehicle hopefully I can assist you in resolving this issue

ok the issue is caused by a software issue within the sync 3 system

the first thing that must be done is to update the sync 3 software using the consumer website

(type “ sync 3 update “ into google )

then type your vin number in to the box and follow the instructions to download and install the software update to the latest level

kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 19 days ago.