Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I’ve had an I come up so read the message and it says

Customer Question

I’ve had an amber I come up so read the message and it says transmission limited function.
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: I’m not sure as I’ve just brought the car, I’ve looked through the service book and doesn’t say anything about it.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: Ford mondeo year 2010.
JA: Are you fixing your Mondeo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve not tried anything as didn’t want it to get worse but I did turn the engine off then back on again and the message didn’t appear.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That’s all I have.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 11 days ago.
Ok the gearbox on your vehicle is a complex auto boxThe service interval on the powershift MPS6 (dct450) gearbox is 3 years or 37,500 miles (whichever comes first )This is imperative to correct operation of the system due to the wet clutch setup the oil becomes contaminated with fibres etcBefore going any further the oil and filter must be changed on the powershift gearboxIf the fault persists then it’s commonly caused by an internal mechatronic unit this is the TCM(Transmission Control Module)
and controls the selector fork sensors /mangents etc This can be changed independently if the gearbox The first thing that must be done is to have the fault code read out of the TCM as this is imperative to correctly diagnosing the issue As if you’ve been having previous concerns prior to gearbox service then the issue is deeper than an oil level /condition issueKindest regards ***** *****Brian