sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Ford Focus CC with roof which won't retract. I live in

Customer Question

Ford Focus CC with roof which won't retract. I live in Whitefield, north of Manchester.
JA: What year is your Focus?
Customer: I've got nowhere with the local Ford dealer at Bury or the one at Old Trafford which we used to go to for any specialist repairs. Any ideas as to who could look at this? The car itself drives OK, it's an 08 model 2.0 litre petrol CC3 model and has only done 40k miles, reg is PJ08 FVN
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: We don't use it much, currently I recently bought a new battery for it, everything works OK apart from the roof retraction. It normally does around 29 mpg around town, around 35 mpg on a recent run to North Wales.
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not really, I've checked the fuses to the motor which operates the roof, these were tested by an auto electrician who said they were OK, and he would get back to me soon. That was 2 months ago, I've tried to contact him several times and got nowhere, I don't think he was sure what he was doing.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not really, it's a pity because the car drives perfectly well, a good job the air con is working as last week in Manchester it was 28 deg C, which is over 80 deg F!
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer, if the fuses are right you hace to go to the roof motor with a tester or multimeter to check if there is signal in the connector, if there are a signal the motor is damaged. in case there is no signal , you have to check the roof module.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Any idea of a Ford specialist in my area (Manchester) whom I could take the vehicle to, as I'm not sufficiently au fait with the mechanism? Also the two auto electricians I contacted didn't seem to know what they were doing as they couldn't determine the fault?