MichaelUK
MichaelUK, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technician
109796520

Roughly how much would it cost to replace a front panel on a

Hi, roughly how much would it cost to replace a front panel on a ford C-Max 2019 with front sensors?
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: The parking sensors They work fine, I just need to replace the panel that they sit in
JA: What is the model of your '19 Ford?
Customer: Cmax
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything so far. I'm just trying to figure out how much it will cost
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Ok
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No. That's fine
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I hit a small animal in the motorway and it's needed up the front of my car - ford C-Max 2019. The front panel and the slam panel are both broken. Also the clip that holds the headlight in place is broken, so I'll need another headlight. I'm interested in a ballpark estimate of how much this should cost to replace and make good including getting the colour right.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you I am a master mechanic with over 10 years experience with various car brands.

At Ford, the bumpers can already be ordered in the colour of the car, so you don't need a painter here.

A bumper usually costs around £700-800. Then there are the parking sensors, which cost around £100-150 each.
The headlights are the most expensive if they are xenon headlights, they cost around 1200-1400 pounds each, halogen headlights usually around 5-600 pounds.

Add to this about 4-5 hours of work, so you should expect to pay about 300-400 pounds.

Simply reply back if you require additional information and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. Thank you and I wish you the best with your vehicle repairs.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks for your detailed answer. If the sensors are working fine, will they need to be replaced when the front panel is replaced, or can they be attached to the new panel?

You´re welcome.

If the sensors all work, they can be transferred to the new bumper, that' s no problem.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Also, do you think that I might be able to get it done at a normal garage, or is this something that I would need a ford garage for?

It's not a big deal, any garage can do the repair.