Kevin
Kevin, Ford Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

I have a fiesta 14 reg. I keep getting a message saying the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a fiesta 14 reg. I keep getting a message saying the bonnet is open but it isn't and when I lock the car the alarm keeps going off and I can only stop it by unlocking the car but it then locks itself
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: No I have not
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have looked for the fuse for the alarm to take it out but there isn't a fuse in the alarm slot
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
My name is Cameron
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

Hi Cameron i hope you are well. the issue you are having is all caused by one problem and thats the switch in the bonnet latch is failing and will need to be replaced .most come as part of the latch and this will rectify the message and the alarm issue

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have seen that online and I can get it fixed tomorrow but in the meantime no where is open and my alarm keeps going off...is there anything I can do temporarily to shut off the alarm?
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

disconnect the bonnet latch plug

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
How do I do that?
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

look at the bonnet latch and disconnect the 2 terminal plug that goes into the bottom of it

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
This will stop the alarm?
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

yes it should

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Okay I will try it
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

let me know how you get on

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don't really know what I'm doing. There are two wires going into the latch from the engine side. You want me to cut those wires?
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

dont cut them there will be a multiplug to disconnect

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have disconnected them. Do I need to connect the wires together or not?
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

ok so when you start the car with it disconnected does it show bonnet open on dash ?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
it still does
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

ok so yes you need to bridge the terminals to connect the wires to shut the warning off

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
How do I do that
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

paperclip in the terminals and tape it up is the best short term fix