Phillip H
Phillip H, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

I’m responsible for 5 transits, two of them I had the DPF

Customer Question

I’m responsible for 5 transits, two of them I had the DPF “baked”and fitted them back, However we have a common occurrence which started on one of straight away. Adblue system malfunction and then a message comes up 372 miles before engine switch’s off, etc can you help? It seems to be regular thing and we drop it off the garage and it’s like we are pay a subscription every few weeks to play with computer resetting? Only the girds give us this issue the Mercedes and the Yutong’s and the Volvos seem to go on forever!
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: This particular one I believe is 2016/2017
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I do some repairs but my launch and my sons snap on don’t entertain the adblue side, even the regeneration is a pain in neck they don’t happen on these models
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not really, I’m normally good with disclosing all details
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi,Jose

Dear costumer the indicator appears when the adblue level is low, you have to be careful because if it reach zero the engine probably protected the ignition. If the level is right and and the problem persists it is probably because you have problems with the adblue level meter, you will have to check this because otherwise you will have to constantly go to the workshop to restart the code that is generated on the computer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will call tomorrow during the day. As I’m not with the vehicles atm

Of course, dear customer, a pleasure to serve you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Two vehicles are stuck on a mileage countdown before ignition won’t work anymore .. we have checked everything and cleaned out the dpf too
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Dear customer remember that when you fill the adblue, do it by resetting the data, as you have several Ford transit it is good to have a diagnostic equipment that you can reset it there are some you can buy for 200 pounds as the easydiag from the launch

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’ve got the launch mini, help me understand how I can reset after topping up, please
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’ve also got the ThinkDriver too but I’ve never utilised it
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I find it frustrating, tell me something like service intervals, can the perimeters with adblue be set/reset to cause this message to come on? I feel there is some foul play here?
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Dear costumer, the thinkdriver is a reader,although I do not know it, if you have a ford software all you have to do is a factory data reset, it is a common action with a diagnostic equipment,i do not understand what is the confusion that presents, i´m not saying that you have to do a reset of the intervals i'm telling you that you have to do a factory data reset they are two very different procedures, i don't know how else to help you dear customer and because of the time difference it is difficult for me to attend to you constantly so proceed to free your query so that another expert can assist you more constantly.

Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 14 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Alina-Moderator
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Jose thank you for your time, one of the transits rectified itself, the other one I removed the connections and used electrical cleaner and then took it for a test and that cured it. Thanks god you.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Bless
Expert:  Phillip H replied 14 days ago.

Hiya

The initial stage of diagnosis will be a full diagnostic code read.  Once you have obtained the codes a diagnostic path can be established.

The usual cause of AdBlue Faults on these vehicles is the AdBlue Tank Unit.  We have changed several of these.  You have to drop the AdBlue Tank down and change the Tank Unit and the Module that sits on top of it.

These units don't need programming once replaced.  You just clear the codes using appropriate diagnostic software preferably something like Ford WDS or Ford IDS.

It may take several miles to clear the AdBlue Fault on the Instrument Cluster.  We have known these vehicles to have done 150 miles before the Warning Lights disappear.

With your DPF issues I would recommend you purchase new rather than try and recondition.  Once a new unit is fittted you can then reset the DPF again using appropriate Diagnostic Software.

Phillip

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks but one rectified itself and the other I cleaned the connections and it’s seem ok now both countdowns are “reset” ie no countdown now. Thanks
Expert:  Phillip H replied 14 days ago.

Hiya

No problem at all. Glad you have it sorted.

Phillip