sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have been in hospital for one week. When I came back my

Customer Question

Hi there, I have been in hospital for one week. When I came back my Ford Galaxy not start. I call Green Flag and they told me that battery is flat. When I change battery computer is asking me for keylock. What can I do now?
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: One year ago mechanic from Green Flag changed battery
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: Ford Galaxy 2010 /mk3?/
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Now I change battery myself and I clear engine malfunction warning
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Also there was not enough of brake fluid, I fill up DOT4
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer , these indicators that are shown is when the anti theft or immovilizer systems are activated, i would like to recommend you something that you can do by your self but is complicated since you have to reprogram the key again with the ignition system to make the vehicle works as normal. I could recommend you to try to make a reset from the battery , it consists in disconnectig the negative connectorl leaving positive connected for 30 seconds, another thing i recommend you is to replace the control battery because it can be causing problems. and if after this the problem persists is very nacessary that you look for an automotive locksmith company for them to do the key programming again.