Phillip H
Phillip H, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Please, what can be the course of continuous rupturing of

Customer Question

Please, what can be the course of continuous rupturing of the high pressure fuel pipe connecting the pump to the spider of my ford transit connect van ?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: It is a Diesel engine
JA: What year is your Transit Connect?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Transit Connect yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I have a mechanic that has changed the pipe 3 time. As soon as I am raving high or on the motor way the pipe ruptures
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It seems to have the same problem from the previous owner.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Expert:  Phillip H replied 14 days ago.

Hiya

If the fuel pipe is rupturing it sounds like you have a Fuel Pressure that is far exceeding what the pipe was designed for.  Based on that you should be looking at the Fuel Pressure Regulator to ensure that is working.  You should also check that the Return Line isn't blocked.  If it is then the pressure again will build up as no fuel will be allowed to return to the tank.

Phillip