RichardM1126
RichardM1126, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
110837232

I have a Ford Focus Vignale and I have a message on the

Customer Question

I have a Ford Focus Vignale and I have a message on the display. Location and vehicle data sharing is enables. Press the data sharing icon in the status bar to view connectivity settings. Pair a device to disable this prompt. My phone is connected and Ford pass app is on. This comes up every few minutes, how do I stop it. This only started after Ford did a recall to update cars computer.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: No I have to say the battery is on charge now, I have only done 3000 miles since September 2019
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the auto connectivity is switched on and the car is connected to house WiFi
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no it’s not a big deal, it’s just annoying having to get rid of message every five minutes.
Category: Ford
Expert:  RichardM1126 replied 7 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to hear you are having problems with your car, to be honest you pretty much hit the nail on the head when you said it started after the update,  what you described to me sounds like a software glitch resulting in the message popping up, it has probably disabled the function that stores your choice,

im afraid a trip to the dealer for a software re-flash

hope this helps

many