sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Ford Fiesta 2018 reg. How does one remove the glove box. I

Customer Question

Ford Fiesta 2018 reg. How does one remove the glove box. I need to retrieve my blue badge which has disappeared into the void.
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no as I do not want to break anything.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I need to retrieve my Blue Badge which i believe has fallen into the void
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 19 days ago.

Welcome to JA. My name is***** am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.
You will receive an offer of a phone call by the system, this only needs to be accepted if you wish to speak to me, I can otherwise continue to answer your questions via the thread.
This is not a particularly easy task and can be tricky, if you have the soft close option with the glove box which is damped as it is opened, then it does involve the disconnection, then the reconnection of the damper unit.

The way to release the glove box lid is to open the glove box. then feel down each side and you will feel the retainers which prevent the glove box from dropping forward, these need to be gently pushed in to allow the glove box to fall fully forward. Refitting is easier, as the retainers are easier to locate when going back. This is tricky and you must take care not to break the small plastic retainers.
I hope this answers your question but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.
Thank you for using Just Answer
Steve

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It would seem that I have a damper unit. I cannot feel any retainers on the sides of the box.
Expert:  Steve replied 19 days ago.

Ok I don't have the full details of that unit to fully guide you through the removal, I will opt out and let one of the experts with more Ford Knowledge guide you through the process.

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 18 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Dear customer, this is very simple, you must open the glove box completely and press the back sides inwards, here is a video that I know will help you to understand this procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hX0k98o7lM&ab_channel=AutoRepairGuys

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.