Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

2013 ford ranger 3.2 eml, esp an abs lights on. An goes into

Customer Question

2013 ford ranger 3.2 eml, esp an abs lights on. An goes into limp mode the odd time
JA: Has the light been on for some time?
Customer: Esp light came on first then abs started yesterday morning on a drive
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No just curious to see what could be the issue
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: There was a wee blow out on exhaust but dont no whether it would effect as said above
Category: Ford
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 21 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Oleksandra – Moderator
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Ford ranger 2013 3.2 diesel
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Reg SC62PXX
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 21 days ago.

Hi there , good  morning to you and  sorry for the delayed response and I hope you are well

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you Today

Iam sorry to hear your having issues with your vehicle

And hopefully we can get this issue resolved for you today

Ok has a diagnostic fault code code check been carried out on both the pcm (Powertrain Control Module) and abs module

If so what codes were logged

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Haven't yet took diagnostic check yet

Hi thanks

ok did the limp home issue always happens when esp light came on (only  the esp light )

kindest regards ***** *****

brian

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Started the subnay morning esp came on sounded like grinding. So turn off jeep an on light stayed on. But no grind. Then abs light came on then followed by eml. But jeeo was driving ok then she went inti limp mode pulled in turned her off no limp mode

Hi there thanks

ok the esp and engine management light are connected due to the torque v demand calculation however the abs light shouldn’t come on when limp home mode is intiated

commonky it’s an abs sensor issue on the ranger but firstly we need to retrieve the fault codes from the pcm and abs module before going any further as it’s imperative to correctly diagnosing the issue

I can assist you going forward with this once we have the relavent codes

kindest regards ***** *****

brian