sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a Ford Focus titanium, the alarm keeps going off for

Customer Question

I have a Ford Focus titanium, the alarm keeps going off for no apparent reason. What can I do?
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: I haven’t got a key just a fob
JA: What year is your Focus?
Customer: 12
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I phoned Ford to ask them to disable it but they wont
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 20 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, you probably have the alarm system deprogrammed, nowadays these systems are integrated into the vehicle's computer and cannot be disconnected, what should be done is to reset the data from a diagnostic equipment to discard that the problem is not a deprogramming in the alarm system.

if the problem persists we must identify which sensor is giving problems, most of the time it is the bonnet sensors.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.