sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Really bad missfire gets worse warmer it gets wosre on light

Customer Question

Really bad missfire gets worse warmer it gets wosre on light throttle, no warning lights on dash
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: No but all lights on with ognition
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1,6 titainium tdci on 60 plate
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have'nt tried anything myslf jus wanted vague idea
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Car very recenlty serviced seems worse now
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer I understand the problem you are experiencing, according to the symptoms there is a possibility that the problem is at the fuel injection level.

But fuel preheaters can also cause this kind of problem.

Let me explain the factors that a diesel engine needs to start properly: the first thing is good fuel pressure and high compression in the cylinders because as the diesel is a bit volatile it needs to make high pressure spray in the injectors and then be subjected to high compression in the cylinders.

But first of all they need to be preheated so that the fuel can give the first combustion and then the same temperature of the engine allows the good operation of the vehicle, the preheating is given by preheating spark plugs when they are not heating the fuel unfortunately the vehicle does not start.

But also a loss of injection pressure and a lack of compression of the cylinders can cause the vehicle not to start.