Phillip H
Phillip H, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Ive, I've had to replace the OSF lamp cluster because of a

Ive
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: I've had to replace the OSF lamp cluster because of a broken wire which stopped the headlight doing it's usual self-levelling "dance". The replacement unit is a genuine Ford dealership replacement at a considerable cost of nearly £1k! now the car reports the following fault codes:-
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: B1041 Level control, c1a41 N/S/R Height Sensor. Both headlamps now do their "dance" and work perfectly
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: 2015 reg BU15WAA
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ireplaced the unit AND used the new fitting kit supplied with the unit.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I've been to someone (not Ford) who put his diagnostic tool on the car, which gave the same fault codes.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
BU15WAA
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ford Focus Titanium X
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello, Anyone there?

Hiya

After fitting new Lamp Units to the front of these vehicles they need to be configured to the vehicle using Ford IDS or WDS.  Once the units are configured / programmed the fault codes you list can then be erased.

Phillip

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Could you give an approx estimate for a Ford dealer to do this?

Hiya

Most garages tend to be around the £130 per hour plus VAT so you should expect to pay around this amount.

Phillip

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks for your help so far, to follow up though. Does it have to be a Ford dealership that'll configure the light unit, or could this be done by Joe bloggs garage down the street for example?

Hiya

As far as I know it can only be done using Ford IDS or Ford WDS Diagnostic Software.  This would have to be done through a Ford Dealer.

Occaionaly you find an Aftermarket Machine will do some programming for example some of the Snap On Diagnostic Machines.  I;m not sure if this particular program is available though.  It will probably cost you more in time and effort in trawling through local garages than it will going to the dealer!

Phillip

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you very much for your help

Hiya

No problem at all.

Phillip