Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

When my Ford mugs is locked, the tailgate remains unlocked,

Customer Question

When my Ford mugs is locked, the tailgate remains unlocked
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: i meant Ford Kuga and it always happens
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2018 ecoboost
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: hopefully fixing myself. Tried pressing lock button twice but tailgate still remains unlocked
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no, that’s it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 15 days ago.

Hi there , good  afternoon to you and  sorry for the delayed response and I hope you are well

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you Today

Iam sorry to hear your having issues with your vehicle

And hopefully we can get this issue resolved for you today

Ok what is the registration number of your vehicle

Have you recently purchased the

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Y4 PBC. Have had the vehicle several years and never been able to sort the problem

Hi there  good morning to you and sorry for the delay in responding

Ok do you have the original registration or chassis /vin number as this is a private registration number

so I can check a few details

kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 14 days ago.
Hi there good morning to youOk Without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general technical answer based on my knowledge and experience , but I hope this helps going forwardOk the tailgate doesn’t actually lock in theory
It just won’t open if vehicle is locked
As the bcmii triggers the tailgate latch to open
By either the remote or the tailgate switchIn these cases where customers state this is happening it’s possible the vehicle has passive key free entry system fitted
This all you would need to do is walk up to the tailgate with the key within 1.5metres and it will openDoes the tailgate open if you lock the vehicle and place the key away from the vehicle around 3 metresKindest regards ***** *****
Brian