Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a problem with my focus, 2008, no i will want fords

Customer Question

hi i have a problem with my focus
JA: What year is your Focus?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no i will want fords at byfleet to do it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the problem according to the aa isinstrument panel suspect
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 15 days ago.

Hi there , good evening  to you and  sorry for the delayed response and I hope you are well

My name is ***** ***** UK Ford expert and I would be happy to assist you tonight

Iam sorry to hear your having issues with your vehicle and understand how frustrating it can be

And hopefully we can get this issue resolved for you tonight

Ok what is the exact fault with the vehicle

ie: immobiliser light flashing rapidly /no crank

is this an intermittent fault or has it happened after a repair of jump starting attempt

What engine is fitted to your focus

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
This just happened this week once started the car runs fine
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
1600 estate
Hi thanks is the fault what I described s above
ie flashing immobiliser light /no crankKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 13 days ago.

Hi there  good morning to you thanks and sorry for the delay in responding

Ok your issue is most commonly caused by an internal fault within the instrument cluster

The instrument cluster is the main immobiliser component and also the gateway between the high and mid speed can bus communication lines

This is a fault i have seen many times over the years

In most cases if the fault occurs and you hit the top of the dash/cluster area the vehicle will start due to a poor connection inside the printed circuit board of the cluster

also the keys are programmed to the cluster and the cluster is paired to the pcm (Powertrain Control Module)

When you fit the replacement cluster you must have 2 keys available to complete the programming

The programming can only be done using suitable diagnostic equipment ie fords ids software or compatible diagnostic equipment

kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Brian