sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I bought a second hand Focus Estate and found it has a speed

Customer Question

I bought a second hand Focus Estate and found it has a speed limiter in it. I had no idea when I bought it and would have insisted it was removed. I am buying it on HP and have had it approx 2 months. Can it be removed?
JA: What year is your Focus?
Customer: It's a 16 reg.
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I am not fixing it myself. Will the main dealer I bought it from ( Ford dealer) remove it?
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No more information I think.
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, all Fords have a speed limiter.

These limiters can be removed using specialised software but it is not a job that can be done by any garage.

This procedure will most likely not be done by the agency due to legal terms.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I thought it was a question of changing the computer software which can be done in a main Ford dealership.

Dear customer, what happens is that this is illegal in the UK, this needs special permissions.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.