Steve
Steve, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

Could you tell me the torque setting for an injector on a

Could you tell me the torque setting for an injector on a Ecoblue Tourneo Custom with the Panther Euro 6 engine?
JA: Do you have the torque specs?
Customer: No. That's what I'm asking.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2016 Tourneo Custom
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced injector
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Welcome to JA. My name is***** am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly. You will receive an offer of a phone call by the system, this only needs to be accepted if you wish to speak to me, I can otherwise continue to answer your questions via the thread.

Do you have the registration number please so that I may get the correct settings for you.

Steve

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Certainly, it's YD16MJM

Thank you for that, give me one second please I will get the torque settings for you.

Steve

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok, cheers.

The instruction for tightening the injectors are as follows:

Injector/clamp

• Use new injector clamps.
  • Lightly grease injector shaft with long life grease (Ford specification WSD-M1C227-A)
  • Use new bolts and tighten in the following stages:
    1. 9 Nm
    2. Slacken off 45°
    3. 6 Nm
    4. 180°

I hope this answers your question but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread. Thank you for using Just Answer

Steve

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** that will do it for now. I was just using the how many grunts and shouting click method but unfortunately it didn't pay off.
Your welcome, do please get back to me if any other details are needed, just reply to this thread and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Steve

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Will do. Thankyou again.

Your very welcome, I hope all goes well.

Steve