sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2011 1600 petrol cmax and its cutting out at low

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2011 1600 petrol cmax and its cutting out at low speeds mainly in reverse and lacks power in general
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Good on fuel, cruising at 60 mph plus no issues, starts first time and after cutting and on the ball hot or cold
JA: What is the model of your '11 Ford?
Customer: cmax petrol 1600 manual vct engine I think
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have been looking at it myself, recent full service, plug leads and cam belt kit. No eml on ever, only covered 50 k
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Uo415-00 and uo418-00 locked in fault memory
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know with whom I have the pleasure to talk, also if possible I would like you to send a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you obtained any error code, it would also be convenient. Keep in mind that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you for now dispense with the call, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, do you have indicators on your dashboard?

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Dear customer first of all I want to comment that the error codes you are finding are generic U type, this means that there is no correct connection between the diagnostic tool you are using and the ECU, it is likely that your vehicle has a fault that you are not being able to diagnose on your own by the limitations of your scanner, I invite you to perform a new diagnosis from a scanner that has the software of the gear, as what you say seems an emergency mode perhaps due to a fault in the crankshaft position sensor which is one of the most characteristic elements when the vehicle is cut at low speeds, however this sensor can not be diagnosed from generic equipment.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.