Kevin
Kevin, Ford Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Car keeps stuttering when driving took it tthe, The garage

Customer Question

Car keeps stuttering when driving took it tthe
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: The garage and they think it could be the fuel filter but they fear if it was changed that it may not be recognised by the car
JA: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?
Customer: focus 58 plate
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I not sure about the fuel filter and no I took it to a mechanic that gave me that information
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don’t believe so
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kevin replied 20 days ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Muhammad
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Have you had a look at my concern
Expert:  Kevin replied 20 days ago.
Hi Muhammad I hope you are well. I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your focus and I totally understand how frustrating this is. Is the car petrol or diesel?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Diesel
Expert:  Kevin replied 20 days ago.
Ok so I’m not fully understanding what the garage has told you because fuel filters are just replaced the car does not need to recognise this. Is the engine actually misfiring?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Diesel
Expert:  Kevin replied 20 days ago.
Did you get my last reply?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Sorry I wasn’t getting the replies but yes it has been misfiring
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
The garage said he has changed filters for similar focus’ before and the car became a non starter so they were worried it would happen again
Expert:  Kevin replied 20 days ago.
Ok so this will happen if they don’t have the correct equipment to bleed the system afterwards
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Do you believe that changing the fuel filter will fix the problem and could there be any other causes
Expert:  Kevin replied 20 days ago.
It’s for sure possible but this would not normally cause a misfire this would typically be more likely to be caused by a failing injector
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
What would be likely to cause the car stuttering. So while driving it loses power there are not any diagnostic codes and management lights on
Expert:  Kevin replied 20 days ago.
I would always start with the fuel filter because they are so prone to blocking up
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Okay would most competent garages have the correct equipment to bleed the system after changing the filter
Expert:  Kevin replied 20 days ago.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Okay thank you Kevin you have been brilliant
Expert:  Kevin replied 20 days ago.
You most welcome, I’m glad I’ve been able to assist. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!