sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Rear cigarette lighter in a galaxy existing wires are

Customer Question

Rear cigarette lighter in a galaxy existing wires are brown/red and blue/black the new one is just red and black
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The rear 12v cigarette lighter
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: galaxy 59 plate
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I’ve removed the old one and the clip is all corroded, I’ve got a replacement but unsure of the different colours in wiring
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, generally any cable with a red colour will be associated with the positive and any with a black colour will be associated with the negative, even if the old spare has two colours, note that it maintains this colour nomenclature.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Dear customer, the brown/red goes with the red wire, and the blue/black with the black wire.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.