Chris (aka-Moose)
Chris (aka-Moose), Ford Technician
Experience:  24 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

My Ford ecoboost engine has failed, it’s been to ford for a

Customer Question

My Ford ecoboost engine has failed , it’s been to ford for a diagnostic check and they said the cal belt failed and ruined the engine. Should this happen the car has done 71000 miles, it’s last service was done at ford12 months ago should this have been picked up.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: I don’t have the trouble code but have a code reader on my phone.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Ford Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: It’s a 1ltr ecoboost 2015
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ford tell me it will cost £7100 for a new engine, a friend of ours owns a garage and she says they could put one it at the cost of £3000. I’m just trying to find out if Ford should pay as the cam belt shouldn’t need changing before 150000 miles
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that is all. Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 13 days ago.

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. Glad you've come here and are willing to let us at Just Answer assist you. May I get the first name of the person I am helping?

The timing belt is not inspected on a normal maintenance task. Did you purchase an extended warranty?

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 12 days ago.

Hello again, since 12+ hours have passed with no response, I am going to try and provide an answer. I cannot be as accurate and thorough as I would like in my answer, so I will keep it short and sweet for now. Please respond when you can, with the information asked prior, so I can help better.

Unfortunately, if you did not purchase an extended warranty. The dealership nor Ford will cover this repair for free. Installing a used engine will be the best option at this point.

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed if not please press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know. Moose

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 days ago.

It's been a while since you replied. I am going to mark your question complete for now. If more help was/is needed, please reply and let me know.