Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have an issue with a 2103 7 transit chassis cab. it has

i have an issue with a 2103 mark 7 transit chassis cab. it has had a replacement BCM which appears to have came off a van rather that chassis cab. the vehicle is now saying liftgate open constantly and will not lock. is there any way this rear locking system can be bypassed at the BCM
JA: What year is your Cab?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes fixing myself, have replaced the BCM and ECU as a set ignition etc I've checked wiring fuses connections. scanned with diagnostic and vehicle showing liftgate open, can this be bypassed
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: yes
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no i think thats it

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
hi there my name is ***** ***** are no error codes present in the vehicle. the only issue i have is the vehicle thinks its rear doors are open, which has illuminated the warning lamp on the dash and wont allow the vehicle to lock, i have seen on another thread on here someone was instructed on how to bypass the rear door locking from a black plug behind the drivers side rear lamp. with my vehicle being a chassis cab i dont have this option, is it possible to carry out the same procedure but at the body control module itself?

Dear customer, something similar is done by manipulating the wiring, a kind of bridge, so that it is always locked, but to do this you need extensive knowledge in automotive electricity to not melt the module, you want to recommend an expert to help you with this?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i am a mechanic by trade and have good knowledge of wiring and electrical systems. if there is any way that you could instruct me on what needs doing i am confident on carrying out the repairs myself

Dear customer, in your case, the first thing I would do is to try to reprogram it from the diagnostic equipment.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
tried that, it doesn't work. hence why I'm asking to bypass the circuit is there any wiring diagrams available that show the wiring from the body control module for the central locking system? or could you identify the colours of the wires i need to look at please?

Dear customer, there is no diagram for this in particular, you would have to do it by trial and error, taking care not to short it, to inhibit the signal cable.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
you cant tell me which wires off the bcm are relevant to the central locking system then?

Dear customer, I will leave your question in the hope that another expert will be able to tell you exactly which wires to use.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thank you
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
im happy to wait for another expert, thank you
Hi there , good evening to you Douglas and sorry for the delayed response and I hope you are wellMy name is ***** ***** Uk Ford expert with over 20 years experience and I would be happy to assist you tonight
Iam sorry to hear your having issues with your vehicle and understand how frustrating this can be And hopefully we can get this issue resolved for you today
I may need to ask you some additional questions to get a better understanding of the concern we are dealing with .
You may also receive an automatic telephone prompt request this can be ignored unless you wish to accept it or is something you wish to request as in some cases it can be quicker and easier to resolve issues over the phoneOk what is the registration number of your transit
And just to confirm the bcmii that was fitted to your vehicle was second hand from another vehicle (which had rear doors )
And you want to wire /trick the bcmi into thinking the lift gate is closedKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Brian,Thank you for your reply. The vehicle reg is DL13YND.
Yes the original bcm was stolen off the vehicle. I have replaced the bcm ECU ignition barrel immobiliser etc as a set from a donor vehicle, which yes apparently has come off a van with rear doors.Yes that would be fantastic if there is a way I could amend or modify the wiring in such a way that it doesn't think it has rear doors
The second hand ECU set fitted was numbers matching with the original factory fitted unit and as I say it came as a complete vehicle set.Regards
Douglas
Hi Douglas no worriesOk does it just show lift gate open Only or side door as there are a few variants of transit set ups leave this with meKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have had my diagnostics plugged into the vehicle all other door ajar switches are showing closed, have also opened each door 1 at a time to check their functionality all other doors appear to be working correctly. When scanned with all doors closed the only switch out of place was for lift gate.
No worries Douglas ok if you can leave this with me I will digest a few diagrams as the easiest way with this is to just earth the bcmii at the lift gate ajar pin
And get back to youKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That's great, thank you so much, any help will be greatly appreciated
Douglas
Hi douglasOk can you access the CJB/bcm behind glove box abs locate connector C (I don’t have the exact location so you will need to use the image I have attached to match the pin/wiring colour informationYou need to earth out pin 13 (yellow/orange wire ) on this connector
This is the lift gate ajar pin location
If there is no wire in pin 13 (due to it possibly being a different loom ) then you will need to intal a pin or thin wire to earth this pin 13
This will truck the bcm to think the lift gate is closedIf you need any further assistance please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
Brian
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That is great, I shall have a look first thing in the morning and come back to you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Good morning Brian.
Good news progress has been made, the door open lamp on dash goes off now and the locking works as it should. However even with all doors closed now when I lock the van the horn still sounds like there is still a door open. I have checked with my diagnostics and all door ajar switches are registering as closed and as I say the locks work as they should now. Is there anyway I can stop the horn from sounding when I lock the vehicle?Regards
Douglas
Hi Douglas good morning to you
Ok the horn can sound if there is a set switch issue within one of the latches as there is a set and reset switch inside the latches
This switches the signal depending on the state of the latch but it’s difficult to wire up to cheat this system as it can impact the locking function (this is different from an ajar signal ) and isn’t as easy as earthing a wire out as it uses /shares internal earths and relays inside the bcmiiAs this is the wrong bcmii it may be looking for the lift gate set switch signal which you don’t have so in. My opinion you may need to live with the sounder issue but at least the doors are lockingKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your prompt reply and all your help, it has saved me a massive headache and a big bill. im sure i will be able to live with the horn sounding. thanks again for all your help.regards Douglas
Hi Douglas no worries
If you ever need any future help or technical assistance with your vehicle please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
Any positive feedback/bonuses are greatly appreciatedKindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Good afternoon Brain.
I have an issue with another mark 7 transit, registration YR14DXB when I put the indicators on left or right they are rapid flashing. Hazard work normally and left and right indicators work normal when there is a trailer plugged into the 7 pin socket. I have changed all the bulbs making sure they are the correct wattage, I have added additional earth's to the rear lamp units incase of an earthing issue and have fitted a new 7 pin socket to the rear just to rule that out. I'm kinda scratching my head now as still have the issue, would you have any suggestions as to what could be the issue please?
Douglas
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This is chassis cab again