sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2021 ford focus st line. I have it only a couple of

Customer Question

Hi There, I have a 2021 ford focus st line. I have it only a couple of months, there is a chattering or intermittent rattling sound at idle when clutch is disengaged, it also makes this rattling sound when clutch is pressed down after movement. Also the gear lever is making a squeky/creaking sound in low gears and has become stiff. Please advise
JA: Are you fixing your Focus ST yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It has 31,000 km
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 5 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
File attached (ZMLPGGG)
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
File attached (MLQL523)

Dear customer, have you done oil services and scanning for error codes?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Car was fully serviced by main dealer before delivery. No error codes

Dear customer, the sound you are making sounds like a bad lubrication of the gearbox or wear of the clutch, I advise you to check these aspects.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How would I check these without disassembly? Could the clutch be worn even with 31,000 km driven and 1 year old car?

Dear customer, yes it could be if the lubrication was not correct.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Should I take it to the main dealer to check or is there something I could do to check for this? The clutch pedal also makes a springy noise and feels rough as you press down

Dear customer, the best thing to do is to take it to a workshop for a thorough overhaul and not just a superficial one.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 days ago.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.