How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thegonnec Your Own Question
Thegonnec, Judge
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 1419
Experience:  15 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
Type Your French Law Question Here...
Thegonnec is online now

I have an elderly relation, aged 72 years. She was an international

Customer Question

I have an elderly relation, aged 72 years. She was an international employee working at the UN in Geneva and took early retirement 14 years ago. She was given a lump sum to retire early ( 240,000 USD ) and put these funds into a Swiss Bank account, no monies in or our since then, just interest. Since retirement she became a French resident but it seems she has not declared this monies. She has recently had a stroke and is more than a little infirm. I am a nephew and have been asked to advise, sadly I know nothing about French tax law, any idea what she should do or who to contact ?

Many thanks

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please continue your search.


Many thanks



Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 4 years ago.
Hello you should contact the SIP (Service des Impôts des Particuliers) nearest this person's residence. All adrdresses can be found on the tax administration web site: