How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thegonnec Your Own Question
Thegonnec, Judge
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 1419
Experience:  15 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
Type Your French Law Question Here...
Thegonnec is online now

I have read that English points and even disqualifications

Customer Question

I have read that English points and even disqualifications are not accepted by French law and are not applied?

I have lived in france on and off most of my life, but now only have a small caravan north of Besiers so did not change my French driving licence back to English, I was driving more km in France than in England?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 4 years ago.
This is correct. Yet you must beware that you must drive with a license issued by the country in which you live most of the year.
Let's say that if you live 200 days/year in England and only 165 days in France for a couple of year and that you keep a French license, if you have any serious incident, the insurance company will plead that you were driving without a valid license, therefore you cannot be covered by any insurance policy and drive uninsured. This has but quite a few persons in dreadful troubles...