How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thegonnec Your Own Question
Thegonnec, Judge
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 90
Experience:  15 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
Type Your French Law Question Here...
Thegonnec is online now

My wife and I want to help an English lady...

Customer Question

My wife and I want to help an English lady living in France. Her husband divorced her and married again. He is under a court order to pay her Euro1,500 per month but has failed to do this. I asked CAB for advice, they told me to phone StepChange Debt organisation, who put me on to Civil Legal Advice, who referred me to Charles Worth Nicholl & Co, solicitors. They cannot help as Delphine has no money available to pay them. Delphine has three young children and desperately needs support financially.

Can you advise me please?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  clairep80 replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Which country does her husband live in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Clare

Her husband lives about 6 months in France, 4 months in the UK and 2 in Belarus (where his new wife is from). A very complicated situation.

I should mention that Delphine has three young children which he should support, this is by court order. Recently she wrote to us: “My ex-husband claimed he couldn't pay more and asked the judge to reconsider the child support payments. In November 2012 the judge ruled in my favour, keeping the amount due at €1500.”

I have about an A4 page of information from her. He has paid very little in total in 2013, and not a complete month in 2012 according to details I have received.


Expert:  clairep80 replied 4 years ago.
So this is a French order with both parties for the most point living in France?
Does her husband have any assets in the UK?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Clare

I have tried to get an opportunity to contact your organisation in replying to e-mails received from Customer Support. I just wanted to speak to someone, but I now realise I should have written to you. (I have not had e-mail replies to my questions sent to Customer Support.)

My questions are:

1. I have not used the free week offered but I understand you will have charged me the first monthly fee - even though I have not been in touch with you at all.

2. I have been acting for a person living in France, as you know. It would be better if I could transfer to her all the e-mails that have gone between us and then let Delphine be in touch with you direct.. If that could be done I presume she would get the one week free and then my first payment could be transferred to her. Is this correct?

Please advise me.


Expert:  clairep80 replied 4 years ago.
There is no action that can be taken using Uk law - this is a matter that will have to be dealt with by a French Law specialist - I shall ask Customer services to deal with this
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Dear Clare

This may make a difference regarding Delphine’s case. The information I have from Delphine is this:


“What my ex has provided to prove his "poverty" is his French income tax and declarations. However, he and his wife are directors of a company he founded back in 2009, Alfarichi Ltd. Head office officially in Birmingham, but that could be just a front. At first they each held 50% of the shares, then he passed his shares to his wife. He claims that they get very little money from the company, which is not very profitable. However, I know that Alfarichi pays all his expenses for fuel, hotels, restaurants etc. “


“I also know, for example, that my ex and his new wife went on holiday to Greece in the springtime and Sardinia in the autumn of 2013, but I refuse to involve my children so cannot ask anyone to testify to that (my youngest son was invited to Sardinia and I know they stayed in a flat and hotels, ate at restaurants, flew there and back, and also know that they have recently bought a new car etc!”

Does this help?


Your s sincerely