How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thegonnec Your Own Question
Thegonnec, Judge
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 1441
Experience:  15 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
Type Your French Law Question Here...
Thegonnec is online now

after my grandmothers death my uk based father inherited a

Customer Question

after my grandmothers death my uk based father inherited a 1/4 share of the property along with his uk based estranged sister, he would now like to sign over his share and any future share over to me, how do we go about this in the UK.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 4 years ago.

Thegonnec :

For the share he already inherited, this can only be done through a notaire in France as the deeds of ownership need be modified. There will be tax payable.

Thegonnec :

For the future share, which I suppose will become his upon the death of his father, he will be able to do this when the time comes by refusing his share of the inheritance in your favor.