How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thegonnec Your Own Question
Thegonnec, Judge
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 90
Experience:  15 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
Type Your French Law Question Here...
Thegonnec is online now

Help. I am really worried for my parents as they have been

Customer Question

Help. I am really worried for my parents as they have been struggling and almost at a point of financial ruin. They have built their own house in France and have tried to sell the property. They got to the point of the first signing of the agreement where both parties signed. The deposit and the rest of the funds where transferred to the Notaire. On the day of the 2nd signing, the buyer did not come to sign and my parents later found out that the buyer no longer wanted to proceed. 6 mths past with various correspondence from both parties to try resolve the situation to no avail. Another couple of mths passed and my parents have found out that the buyer has demanded and received his 90% but the Notaire has kept hold of the deposit (10%). All this without notifying them. My parents are also having problems with their solicitor who is not forthcoming with information about where they stand in retrieving their 10% deposit and being able to proceed in selling the property. He has also charged them £1,000 for the privilege of confusing them. help please

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you can cancel the question, and the payment please. thankyou