How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thegonnec Your Own Question
Thegonnec, Judge
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 93
Experience:  15 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
Type Your French Law Question Here...
Thegonnec is online now

:I need to ask a question to a tax specialist of the

Customer Question

Hello: I need to ask a question to a tax specialist of the tax treaty between France and the USA and particularly Article 24 of such treaty. Please let me know if you are a specialist of such treaty and article - thanks

Question is: How does Article 24 apply to an American citizen who is a resident of France and who has dividend payments from US source from his USA based brokerage account? He already pays US taxes to the USA on these. Are these dividends taxable in France as well? If not, under what conditions? What happens if this individual has dual nationality French/America?

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for contacting
It was brought to our attention that you asked a tax question about France and the USA, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
You may like to post your question on our US site,, where we have a wider range of professionals.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nicola - I understand - please close the question page, i will go somewhere else - will i get a refund?