How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thegonnec Your Own Question
Thegonnec, Judge
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 90
Experience:  15 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
Type Your French Law Question Here...
Thegonnec is online now

We (English couple) live in UK and have owned a small house

Customer Question

We (English couple) live in UK and have owned a small house in France (Vendee) for many years. For the past two years we have rented it to a local resident who has paid 350 euros a month and we are trying to complete the tax return for 2014. We did this by paper last year and are trying to do it online this year, but have got stuck in the Revenus Foncieres section of form 2042, as there are some changes to the law, made last July. It seems that we have to complete section 4BE with the value of the total rent, and something at the end of that section about the rate of tax, but we do not understand this. We have been sent a leaflet, No2041-EK, CERFA, in French entitled Personnes Fiscalement Domicilies hors de France, Impot sur Les Revenus 2014. My wife speaks good French, but we cannot understand what we should enter in the last line or so of section 4, about the rate of tax or something like that, and we cannot move forward in the form until that is corrected, as it sends us back to complete it. Can you help to explain the new rules and what is required? Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I am not prepared to wait any longer. Please cancel my question and stop the charge. Thank you

Michael XXX

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already answered this. I said that I am not prepared to wait any longer and I have signed out of your site. Please do not charge me as you have not been able to answer my question as quickly as you claimed.

Thank you. Goodbye.