How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thegonnec Your Own Question
Thegonnec, Judge
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 90
Experience:  15 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
Type Your French Law Question Here...
Thegonnec is online now

Father born in La Rochelle, France in 1928, and residing in

Customer Question

Father born in La Rochelle, France in 1928, and residing in Bristol, uk since 1940, Died recently, we are now faced with trying to find a French Solicitor who deals with French Inheritance Laws
Survived by Wife and 3 children.
Eldest Child now retired in Spain.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 2 years ago.
Your father was a British resident when he died. Unless he owned real estate in France at the time of his death, his estate is to be dealt with under English law.If he owned real estate in France, you will need to contact a notaire in France to deal with it, once the estate has been dealt with under English law. One would suggest you contact a notaire whose law offices are close to where the real estate is located.