How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thegonnec Your Own Question
Thegonnec, Judge
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 90
Experience:  15 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
Type Your French Law Question Here...
Thegonnec is online now

My partner has a small company, no employees as he

Customer Question

My partner has a small company, no employees for now as he recently opened it and is trying to get freelance projects to get his colleagues to work together. He told me the French law on taxes for small enterprises has changed couple of months ago and that no he is obliged to pay 50 000 euros in axes even thou the company has barely any revenue and it is recently opened? I dont understand is this possible? and if yes, what he is supposed to do if he cant pay this amount? is he going to jail? or ho the government will oblige him to pay other than putting him in prison? what are his options in paying this? he is not a french citizen but he has been working in france for the last years and has his residence.
Please clarify this for me as I need to understand what is exactly going on in order to be able to help him.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 2 years ago.
Depending on the status he chose fro his small company he may have to pay an advance on social contributions, not taxes, of about 20-35 K€. If he does not pay, the URSSAF or RSI, will issue collection actions which indeed may result in the liquidation of the business, the seizure of personal assets, and criminal prosecutions. However the likelihood of ending in prison on this count is slim unless it can be proved that he took deliberate action to avoid paying these contributions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you very much for your help. i m satisfied with your answer