How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thegonnec Your Own Question
Thegonnec, Judge
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 1486
Experience:  15 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
Type Your French Law Question Here...
Thegonnec is online now

Assistant: How can I help? I need an immigration advise I

Customer Question

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I need an immigration advise I was born in Paris in 1976 and lived there for 3yrs before going back to nigeria. Can i get right of abode in France?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a Nigerian, living in Nigeria
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: That is why I am here, I am applying for a Shengen Visa at themoment, hoping to file in my application for residency when i get to France. Is there any chance for success?
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'll wait.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 months ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 6 months ago.

From what you write above, unless both your parents were French nationals, being born in France and living there till you were aged three does not give you any right whatsoever to get residency status in France. Be aware that you need file for a long term visa before you leave your country of origin or are moire than likely to be rejected or deported when authorities realise you arrived with a Schengen tourist visa with the intention of claiming residency when arriving in France.