Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  15 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

Assistant: How can I help? I need an immigration advise I

Customer Question

hi
Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I need an immigration advise I was born in Paris in 1976 and lived there for 3yrs before going back to nigeria. Can i get right of abode in France?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a Nigerian, living in Nigeria
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: That is why I am here, I am applying for a Shengen Visa at themoment, hoping to file in my application for residency when i get to France. Is there any chance for success?
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll wait.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 2 months ago.

From what you write above, unless both your parents were French nationals, being born in France and living there till you were aged three does not give you any right whatsoever to get residency status in France. Be aware that you need file for a long term visa before you leave your country of origin or are moire than likely to be rejected or deported when authorities realise you arrived with a Schengen tourist visa with the intention of claiming residency when arriving in France.