Peter Collins
Peter Collins,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed
101823876

I need advice to open media company in France, i didnt talk

Customer Question

hi i need advice to open media company in France
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: i didnt talk with any lawyer
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i live in london
Category: French Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
How long i will wait ?
Expert:  Peter Collins replied 6 days ago.

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Can you set ut what advice you are seeking? I have some experience in this area, and will do my best to help if I can.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi peter
We are looking into establishing a Media & Research Company in Paris, this company will also hold an online website for news articles with Promotional slots, and the possibility of receiving donations.
We would like to know what would the process be for this issue, we need a Lawyer to help us establish this company, our entitlement to this as British Citizens and the overall cost.
We are 3 British passport holders, who are currently living and working in the UK.

And are you going to be based in France, when you set up this company?

What is your anticipated turnover?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My partners and myself are full time employees in the UK, therefore will shall be based in UK, of course we shall take turns in going to France to look after our company, as you know, with good employees and the technology available, we don’t need to be present in France all week.
At the moment we don’t have an exact estimate of how much will be the annual turnover, but we are expecting it to be around 30/40 thousand euros roughly for the first year

On this sort of turnover, you have the option to either set up as a company or as a sole trading entity under the micro-entrepreneur scheme. The micro scheme doesn't even trigger VAT registration until your turnover passes around 33,000 Euros, so may be a simple way to begin the venture.

However, it's up to you and there is lots of information about the various different business models here:

https://www.expatica.com/fr/employment/self-employment/setting-up-a-business-in-france-445998/

If you require actual assistance with setting up the company, you will need to employ someone directly in France to do this for you, as we can only offer general advice here.

I hope this assists?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What if we consudered the turnover was between 150/160 thousand Euros per year, can you kndly advise?
Expert:  Peter Collins replied 5 days ago.

Then you would not be under the micro scheme. You would need to talk directly to a French accountant to look at the most viable model that suits the needs of your business.

I hope this clarifies things?

If so, please take a second to rate my response with 5 stars as this will credit me for my time.

Thanks and do let me know if you have further questions, follow ups are part of the service, even if you have already taken the time to rate for me.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  Peter Collins replied 3 days ago.

Hello.

This is just a quick message to ask if you have time to provide a rating for me, as this is what will credit me for my time responding to your question.

Obviously a positive (4* or 5*) rating would reflect best on my efforts to resolve your question for you!

Thanks in advance.

Peter