Peter Collins
Peter Collins,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed
101823876

When I bought my house in France a mistake was made which I

When I bought my house in France a mistake was made which I didn't realise. I was put as a widow whereas I was widowed then remarried. I am now trying to sell it and told the agent but they have left the mistake in place. I am worried about it being incorrect
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have signed an agreement with the agent for sole selling and someone wanted to buy some small parcels of land and I signed the interim document for the sale of them which is when I realised the error.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I made clear to the agent and the notaire for the land that I am now married I saw the mistake on the document for the sale of the land
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I reread the agent's fie and they have it correct that I am married but the paper from the notaire has it as it is in the original deed with me as a widow.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just checked the agent's paperwork and they have it correct as my being married, it was the notaire's paper where i saw it wrong
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and I’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I will look over this and come back to you shortly with a response.

My understanding is that as long as the paperwork that is prepared for this sale is correct, then past mistakes in the paperwork are not going to be an issue.

It usually happens when the notaire works from the original acte de vente and takes details from that rather than the instructions from the agent.

So just be clear that there is an error on the paperwork and ask for it to be rectified prior to the sale finalising.

I hope that this answers your question?

Peter Collins,
Experience: Barrister at Self Employed