How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Collins Your Own Question
Peter Collins
Peter Collins,
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 8554
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed
Type Your French Law Question Here...
Peter Collins is online now

Can you answer questions on french tax

This answer was rated:

Can you answer questions on french tax

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That's ok, I will find another solution

Hello, my name is***** for your patience.

I’ll do my best to assist you and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

Please be patient with me as I am generally assisting multiple customers at once and this is an email service.

What is your French tax related issue please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm moving to France from the UK and would like to understand where I will be taxed in the first tax year, ie 2021, which will be split in both countries. Thank you,

Of course.

Firstly, the tax year runs from 1 Jan to 31 December in France.

In the UK - You should only be taxed in the UK from the beginning of April (start of the new tax year in 2021) to the date that you leave the UK and you would contact HMRC to declare that you have left the UK.

In France you declare the income for the whole year, but file a form to effectively deduct the tax you paid in the UK.

The page here on the French government website details this, it is in French though -

You declare your earnings for tax in the May of 2022 for the year of 2021. This is the point at which you need to make sure you submit all of the correct paperwork tome sure you are credited for tax paid outside of France.

If you are concerned about this, there are bilingual accountancy firms that will submit all of the tax documentation for you, normally for the one off cost of around €250. You can find these firms by looking on google.

I hope that this answers your question?

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

Peter Collins,
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 8554
Experience: Barrister at Self Employed
Peter Collins and other French Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That's great thanks, ***** ***** that's all I needed.

My pleasure.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter