Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

We want to bring our personal goods back from our house in

Customer Question

We want to bring our personal goods back from our house in france do we have to show anything to the french customs
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: French Law
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 13 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 12 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I will endeavour to help you today.

you need to declare and pay duty on items whose total value is more than €430 but rules say that you are exempt from paying duty if you are moving to the UK and bringing your household goods which you have owned for more than six months, and you have been living in France or another non-EU country for at least the preceding 12 months. You should have:

Two copies of a detailed inventory of your items with their value in euros
Receipts for any items published in the last six months
Documentation showing your right to residency in the UK, such as a visa or passport, as well as documentation showing your new address (eg house purchase deeds or paperwork)

I trust this assists