How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 9612
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your French Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

We want to bring our personal goods back from our house in

Customer Question

We want to bring our personal goods back from our house in france do we have to show anything to the french customs
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: French Law
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 13 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 12 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I will endeavour to help you today.

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 12 days ago.

you need to declare and pay duty on items whose total value is more than €430 but rules say that you are exempt from paying duty if you are moving to the UK and bringing your household goods which you have owned for more than six months, and you have been living in France or another non-EU country for at least the preceding 12 months. You should have:

Two copies of a detailed inventory of your items with their value in euros
Receipts for any items published in the last six months
Documentation showing your right to residency in the UK, such as a visa or passport, as well as documentation showing your new address (eg house purchase deeds or paperwork)

I trust this assists