Nina Caldera
Nina Caldera,
Experience:  dasdasd
116957906

I want to get a French visa. My girlfriend is French, we are

Customer Question

I want to get a French visa.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: My girlfriend is French, we are planning to build a house on her land and I want to help her.I am from Scotland , UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am retired from my family business age 62
Category: French Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  Nina Caldera replied 17 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** am specialized in international legal advice and today I am going to help you with your inquiry.

Dear customer, UK passport holders can enter the EU with only a valid passport and stay anywhere in the Schengen area for a maximum of 90 days in any 180-day period.

In this case, you should apply for a long-stay visa valid as a residence permit (VLS-TS). The long-stay visa has a limited duration, between 3 months and one year. You must apply for a residence permit from the prefecture to continue your stay after the end of the period of validity of the visa. This visa is subject to an online validation procedure after your arrival in France.

You must validate your VLS-TS within three months of your arrival in France. If you fail to do so, you will no longer be legally present in France and will not be able to re-enter the Schengen area. The validation procedure is now completely online. If you wish to stay in France for longer than the period of validity of your VLS-TS, you must apply for a residence permit at your local prefecture within two months before the expiry date of your long-stay visa.

Here is a link where you can start the application process for a long-stay visa in France:

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/web/france-visas/ai-je-besoin-d-un-visa

Dear customer, did he answer your question? If not, please let me know and I'll be happy to answer your questions.

If you wish, you can add me as a favorite expert for future consultation. My name is @NinaC0418.

Thank you for trusting JustAnswer!