Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience:  Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.
70223666

Trying to trace GG grandfathers birth in Ireland. Francis

Customer Question

Trying to trace GG grandfathers birth in Ireland. Francis Redmond born about 1811. Wife Martha Monaghan b about 1813. They had a child Elizabeth born in Dublin? Ireland in about 1833 before moving to Liverpool and settling in Lancashire. Francis was a Tailor, and must have been apprenticed in Ireland. I believe I have traced Martha’s ancestry but can find nothing of Francis either in Ancestry.com or roots.ireland. Can you advise on where else I should look.
JA: I did a little digging into my family history: we have a lot of dead eccentric Brits in our family tree. I hope you find some fascinating characters in yours. Is there anything else important you think the Genealogist should know?
Customer: if my dates are correct Martha was very young when she had the child. I wonder whether they ever actually married and moved to England to escape the family shame.
Category: Genealogy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Made a mistake re birth of Elizabeth she was born about 1829 not 1833
Expert:  Brendan Joseph replied 7 months ago.

Hello there,

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is***** will be researching your question today.

Brendan

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I prefer to use online contact thanks

Ignore the phone call

Brendan

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My father said we were related to the Wexford political Redmond family but I think it’s unlikely if Francis was s Tailor by trade. The second child of Francis and Martha who was born in Liverpool in 1831 was a boy named John. I wonder whether that indicated that Francis's father was named John

Hello there,

They also had a son Thomas/

See attached, note spelling

Brendan

Hello There,

I wonder did Francis marry twice

See attached

Brendan

Hello there,

Back shortly bringing the dog for a walk

I live in Ireland

Brendan