Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience:  Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.
70223666

I am looking to gat my grandfathers death certificate. He

I am looking to gat my grandfathers death certificate . He was born in Athgarvan County Kildare 24/10/1882. He served through various british army posts and died around 1946 having been stationed at Ballykinler County Down-now Northern Ireland . There are no records of UK death. Where can I find his death record in Northern Ireland?
JA: The Genealogist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Genealogist should be aware of?
Customer: no-I only need the death certificate to apply for foreign birth registryIrish passport. Alternative is his marriage to Ruby Wade in the Uk around 1920 but I couldn't find that!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello there,

Ignore the phone call

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is Brendan, I will be researching your question today.

Brendan

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thank you so much Brendan. Slightly tearing hair out. At last minute FBR in Dublin requested my grandfathers death certificate or failing that a marriage certificate even though they have his birth certificate as Irish, my fathers Irish naturalisation document before my birth etc . I paid for a marriage certificate for a Christopher Byrne in the UK to a Ruby Byrne but it seems from the age mentioned on the certificate that it is the wrong person-apparently very bad luck that two with these names married in the rough time period. My father told me just before he died that my grandfather settled and died in Northern Ireland around 1946? Would that maybe be in an Irish register? Help!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
sorry I applied for a phone call before your chat saying ignore the call at this stage.happy to wait!

Hello there,

Ignore the phone call

Brendan

Hello there,

I found his marriage

First name(s) RUBY

Last name WADE

Marriage quarter3

Marriage year1911

Registration month-

MarriageFinder ™

RUBY WADE married one of these people

Christopher Byrne,

DistrictTamworth

District number-

CountyStaffordshire

Country England

Volume 6B

Volume as transcribed6B

Page number 834

Brendan

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
that's fine thank you

Hello there,

He is turning up in NI death records

You can order the death record online

I searched 1945/7

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

Brendan

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I logged in. The form would only accept an exact date of death rather than the estimate 1945/7 you suggested so I put in a date in mid 1946. They are now prompting me to checkout and pay 15 pounds. Should I do this even if the date must be wrong. And secondly is there a number I can call like UK to pay for a premium express despatch assuming they have the certificate.

Hello there,

General Register Office for Northern Ireland

The General Register Office for Northern Ireland (GRONI) is located within the Northern Ireland Statistics & Research Agency and is responsible for:

• the administration of marriage and civil partnership law
  • the registration of births, deaths, marriages, civil partnerships and adoptions
  • the maintenance of registration records
  • the production of birth, deaths, marriage, civil partnership and adoption certificates on request

NISRA

Colby House

Stranmillis Court

Belfast

BT9 5RR

Phone: 0300 200 7890 ( if outside the UK +44 300 200 7890)

Email: [email protected]

Website: Ordering life event certificates

Brendan

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thanks Brendan you were great! Cross fingers Philip

Hi Philip,

Dont forget to rate my answer, otherwise I do not get paid.

JA get paid

Brendan

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
done with a number. how does it get to you

Hi Philip,

Thank you very much for your kind rating and very generous bonus

Brendan

Hello there,

Phone call does not work in Ireland

Brendan