Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience:  Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.
70223666

I am trying to trace my Grandmother by her maiden name

I am trying to trace my Grandmother by her maiden name Margaret Mary
JA: The Genealogist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Genealogist can help you best.
Customer: I am trying to trace my grandmother by her maiden name Margaret Mary Harold. I have her death & marriage certificates but the birth years do not tie up one years difference. Also I believe she was born in Kilkenny. please advise which is the best BMD site for me to use to check both uk & Southern Ireland.Thank you
JA: Is there anything else the Genealogist should be aware of?
Customer: I have her fathers name on the marriage cert as Patrick Harold
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for your email and no Ido not want to wait any longer please cancel my membership and refund the fee of £5 once again thank you

Hello there,

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is Brendan, I will be researching your question today.

I live in Ireland

Brendan

Hello there,

Good news

Birth certificate of Margaret Harold attached

Brendan

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello I have cancelled my membership as I have had no response for 24hr

Hello there,

You have your answer, best of luck

Brendan

Hello There,

I sent you the wrong birth certificate, the correct one is in Kilkenny

Father Patrick as well

Brendan

Hello there,

Why do you not renew your membership.

I can then send you the correct birth certificate you are looking for.

I am the only expert on JA who lives in Ireland.

Brendan

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your help but I also found a Margaret Harold born in1898 in Kilkenny with Patrick Harold as Farther but on her Marriage cert in 1927 her age is 24 farther Patrick Harold and her death record has her year of birth as1902 so nothing seems to tie up. I have therefore applied for a copy if her death certificate to see what was recorded for her place of birth. Once again thank you for your help.

Hello there,

She is not turning up in the 1939 Electoral list.

That would give her birthday

Brendan

Hello There,

Was her surname Beale 1939?

Brendan

Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience: Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
yes thats my grandmother married to Jack Beale in1927 Windsor Berkshire