Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience:  Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.
70223666

Hope I've got the method right this time! I'm looking for

Customer Question

Hope I've got the method right this time!
I'm looking for the marriage certificate of my great grandparents ***** *****on and Roseann Riley.They had 5 children :Mary Jane born 1863, Anne born 1868,William born 1872,Maria born 1876 and Isabella (my grandmother) born 1879.
Each of the birth certificates gives a different date for the marriage, but the place is always the same - Greenock in Scotland. So far I've been unable to find the certificate of marriage, but as they were Catholic and all the children were baptised I assume they married. William was from England, Roseanne from Ireland. Would there be a reason for the discrepancy in the date of the marriage? Many thanks! Myra Duffy
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  Site Moderato replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if you can, yes, please.
Expert:  Brendan Joseph replied 2 months ago.

Hello there,

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is***** will be researching your question today.

I have searched for the marriage in Scotland, no marriage turns up

Brendan

If you have a look in the following website

it may be of help

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

Brendan