Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience:  Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.
70223666

I am trying to find the marriage Certificate of Great

I am trying to find the marriage Certificate of Great Grandparent in Ireland
JA: The Genealogist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Genealogist can help you best.
Customer: I am trying to find the marriage certificate of my great Grandparents in Ireland who would have been married in the 1890s. My Grandfather was a farmer in County Armagh (Creggan Lower, Armagh) and my great Granmother was from County Louth (perhaps Dundalk). His name was Thomas and her name was Mary
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Genealogist should know?
Customer: They had 4 daughters including my Grandmother Brigid, and in the Irish Census of 1911 lived in a house 17 in Lurgancullenboy (Creggan Lower Armagh). He was a farmer

Hello there,

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is***** will be researching your question today.

Brendan

Hello there,

Was he Thomas Harte?

Brendan

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I do not know the Date of Birth of my great Grandfather. My Grandmother Brigid Harte was 8 years old in the Irish Census of 1911 however when she got married in 1926 to my Grandfather (Harry Victor Hull) at St. Patricks Catholic Church in Leicester she id named as Bridgit Teresa Hull (maybe names spelling was more fluid in those days?)
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
he was Thomas Harte
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I cannot even find my Grandmother Birth Certificate through Irishgeneology.ire either in the Parish Records or the Civic Records however she must have been born in 1902/1903
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
he was
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have even searched on the Northern Ireland GRONI Search and cannot find either the Marriage Certificate of my Great Grandparents, or the Birth of my Grandmother in 1902/1903

Hello there,

What was Mary's maiden name?

Brendan

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Unfortunately I do not know. In the 1911 Census she was 40 years old and Thomas was 50 (35 and 29 in the 1901 Census which does not make sense! ie my Great Grandfather should be 39 and not 35 or rather should be listed as 46/34 in the 1911 Census!

Hell there,

They got younger every census.

I think I found the marriage, please see attached.

Brendan

Hello there,

Full marriage cert attached

Brendan

Hello there,

I found Bridget's birth record, Lurgancullenboy

Please see attached

Brendan

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That is brilliant Brendan. As I am reaching retirement I am trying to put together a family tree including my Grandmothers side (all Irish) and my Grandfathers side (all Indian), bit like the former Taoiseach Leo Varadker! Again, I am wanting to purchase a print of the birth Certificates for my self, my brother John, and my sister Sherry. Would I need to buy through the Northern Irish Government, or through the Irish Government in that it was all Ireland at the time of my Great Grandparents marriage?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Second question ...do you folks also do research on Indian genealogy? Have you got experience of tracing back Indian records from the colonial days?

Hello there,

Where were you born?

Brendan

Hello there,

There are some Indian records available online.

Indian births were registered in the British foreign births register.

I am only allowed answer one question at a time, you will have to ask another question.

Brendan

Hello there,

Thank you very much for your very kind bonus.

Brendan

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Brendan and thanks for your efforts. How do I go about purchasing an original Copy of my Great Grandparents Wedding Certificate, and an original Copy of my Grandmothers Birth Certificate? I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

Hello there,

you can order certificates online

https://www2.hse.ie/services/births-deaths-and-marriages/get-certificates/get-an-irish-birth-certificate-online.html

Brendan

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Brendan - I'm trying to find the Death Certificate of my real father Syed Ashfaque Husain (My parents were divorced when I was 6 years old!) My 'real' father died in London and, apparently, there was an Obituary in the Times (London Times) on 10 December 2010. Can you locate either of these documents? I would need them first to try and work out my fathers Date of Birth re: trying to locate his birth certificate in pre-partition India. My Grandmother (a school teacher) from my fathers side re-located to Pakistan after partition with my father, a brother and a sister (mu Uncles's and Aunt's) from, I believe, Nagpur in what was then called 'United Provinces'. I am trying to locate my fathers date of birth.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Nagpur may have been in Central Provence in India pre partition?

Hello there,

His estate was probated:

First name(s)Syed Ashfaque

Last nameHusain

Death year2010

Death date 06 Dec 2010

Probate year2011

Probate date10 Mar 2011

Brendan

Residence town-

RegistryLondon

CountyLondon

CountryEngland

Document type Grant and will

Number(###) ###-####/p>

Record setEngland & Wales Government Probate Death Index 1858-2019

CategoryLife Events (Birth, Marriage, Death)

Subcategory Civil Deaths & Burials

Collections from

Hello there,

His death record is not showing up in the index.

Go to your local registery office and ask them for his death certificate.

Hecdied 6th December 2010

Brendan

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks Brendan....I will follow through with your advice before I ask you another question.

Hello there,

Would you mind rating my answer, I will be still here.

Otherwise I do not get paid.

Brendan