Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience:  Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.
70223666

I am hoping to obtain an Irish Passport. I have the majority

I am hoping to obtain an Irish Passport. I have the majority of the info required except the last link in the chain. It's a record of my Grandfathers birth. It was around 1860 before it was compulsory to register births. What can I do to establish proof of his birth?
JA: The Genealogist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Genealogist should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello there,

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is***** will be researching your question today.

Brendan

Hello there.

If a birth certificate is not available a baptism record is accepted.

Please let me have what you have got.

Brendan

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have details of a baptism that could possibly be my Grandfather. Its information from the Catholic Parish Church at Kenmare. My Grand Father's name was Florence Sullivan , born 18 August 1859. It was the only record I could find around the year 1860 and at Kenmare. Its Ref is Book No 3 entry 11 and Record identifier KY-RC-BA-273694

Hello there,

As long as Florence's father is Florence on his marriage certificate you are ok.

Holy Cross Catholic Church, Kenmare

4.4121 Google reviews

Catholic church

Address: Lodge *****, *****mare, Co. Kerry

Phone: (064)(###) ###-####/a>

Province: Munster

You need an original baptism certificate with the parish stamp on it.

Brendan

Phone call does not work outside the US

Brendan

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
many thanks

Hello there,

I have booked a week's holiday in Kemare in August.

My family are from Kerry

Brendan

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
A good choice.