Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience:  Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.
70223666

My great grandfather was born in Ireland Nov 1876 then

My great grandfather was born in Ireland Nov 1876 then emigrated to New York 2 years later. I can’t seem to find any record of him or his parents in Ireland. We think Dublin Area. We found his marriage certificate in New York and I believe he was killed in a railway work accident in 1907. His name is***** and his parents we think are perhaps Francis McMahon and Anne Garvey. It’s difficult to be sure as the marriage certificate shows his fathers name to be Fred but we think this is incorrect. Also his mother’s maiden name in difficult to read so we are guessing Garvey. Also, we think the age dates on the NY marriage certificate are also perhaps incorrect.
JA: The Genealogist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Genealogist should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He married Rosetta Douds from Antrim in New York but she came home to Ireland after his death with their three sons, the 1911 census shows she is back in Ireland at that time

Hello there,

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is***** will be researching your question today.

Brendan

Hello there,

Please see attached, it is a baptism record.

I can send you a copy of the civil birth.

Brendan

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Brendan I can’t see the attachment. Can you kindly resend and yes I would like a copy of the civil birth

Hello there,

My mistake

Brendan

Hello there,

Birth record attached

Francis father, Anne mother, it does not list her maiden name.

Brendan

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you so much Brendan. This is so helpful with my Ancestry family tree. I must say the NY Records have a lot of misspellings and inaccurate dates! Not sure if they understood the Irish accent and just wrote how it sounded! Thank you again I am very grateful

Hello there,

My pleasure

Brendan