Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience:  Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.
70223666

I am looking for Bernard Leitch, said to be the son of Leacy

I am looking for Bernard Leitch, said to be the son of Walter Leacy and Alice Leary. Bernard was born in 1846.
JA: The Genealogist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Genealogist can help you best.
Customer: I don't really know much more, except that he was born in Ireland and became a Ship Steward later in life. He moved to Liverpool, England and married there in 1876. His death was in 1879. He married Lydia Elizabeth Gurnell in 1876 in liverpool. They had two children - Bernard James Devlin (1878) and Lydia Devlin (1876).
JA: Is there anything else the Genealogist should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thank you

Hello there,

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is***** will be researching your question today.

Brendan

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Please reply by email d***@outlook.com Thankyou

Hello there,

I have checked through the records.

It says he was born in Dundee Scotland 1846.

1861 Scottish Census

Name:Bernard Leitch

Age:15

Estimated Birth Year:abt 1846

Gender:Male

Where born:Dundee

Registration Number:644/5

Registration district:Clyde

Civil parish:Vessels

County:Lanarkshire

Occupation: Stewart

ED:Stag

Household schedule number:1

Brendan

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you Brendon, that is very helpful!!!

Hello there

My Pleasure

Brendan