Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience:  Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.
70223666

How can I get a copy of my grandfather's birth certificate?

How can I get a copy of my grandfather's birth certificate? He was born in the Register distict of Clones ( Vol 3 |Page 169 ) John McGough son of Matthew McGough & Elzabeth ( Leonard )
JA: The Genealogist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Genealogist can help you best.
Customer: John married Rose Connolly of Cavan in Glasgow February 1905 & died May 12th 1952. His brother Patrick died in the 1930's and is buried in KIleeven Church in a marked grave. He was the local postman.
JA: I did a little digging into my family history: we have a lot of dead eccentric Brits in our family tree. I hope you find some fascinating characters in yours. Is there anything else the Genealogist should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Several " Cousins " went to USA in early 1920's because of The Troubles

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer, and thanks for your question.My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to do whatever I can to try to help you.

Please note that the automated email from Just Answer is not available for calls to or from anywhere other than the USA, so it is not available for your question. I will be happy to text back and forth here on this page.

Brendan

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am trying to make use of my granparents being born in Irelamf so that I can remain an E.U. citizen & travel easily between Scotland & France.

Hello there,

Just checked the death record in Scotland.

He was 80 when he died in 1952.

Brendan

Hello there,

Birth record attached

Brendan

Hello there,

Thank you for your kind rating and very generous bonus.

Brendan

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks for your message, I did send you a follow up request after your help. John McGough's father Matthew was baptised 1s July 1849 Jankrock ( ? ) Haggerston. I believe his parents were Owen McGough & Mary ( Fee ) would it be possible to find printed proof of Matthew's birth. Also I would like to discover if Owen's father was another Owen or Simon ?
With thanks
Edward McGough

Hello there,

Baptism record attached

Brendan

Hello there,

Marriage attached

Brendan

Hello there,

Griffiths 1854 lists Patrick McGough with a quite substantial farm.

Please see attached

Brendan

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can we link Matthew to Patrick McGough, his birth registration says his father is Owen ?

Hello there,

That link is not turning up.

Brendan

Customer: replied 3 days ago.

Hello there,

We are not allowed contact customers by email.

Brendan

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
HI Brendan, Is there any way I can print off the birth recoreds for Matthew McGough & his son, my grandfather John, or are you able to undertake this for me ? With thanks Edward

Hello there,

Take a photo of the record with your phone.

Go to someone like a Fuji dealer and ask them to print off the photo.

Brendan