Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience:  Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.
70223666

Trying to find Great Grandfather's Name. Great Gran Mother's

Trying to find Great Grandfather's Name. Great Gran Mother's name (Alice McGeown) appears in the 1911 records along with my Gran Mother (Rose Anne Murphy) and my eldest Uncle (***** *****). My Gran Father (***** *****) is not in the census.
JA: The Genealogist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Genealogist should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Is this a free service?

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer, and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to do whatever I can to try to help you.

Please note that the automated email from Just Answer is not available for calls to or from anywhere other than the USA, so it is not available for your question. I will be happy to text back and forth here on this page.

Brendan

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Brendan
My search is based in Northern Ireland initially anyway in a a small village called Mayobridge which is abbreviated to Mayo in the census records. My Granny told me that her father died when she was 12 which means he may or may not be in the 1901 census. I have tried to find my granny and her mother Alice in the 1901 records. I know they lived in a town land called Bavan which is near Mayobridge. The nearest large town and postal address would be Newry County Down. I was told that my great grandfather was a doctor and he died from an illness caught from his patients however I am not sure if it was a windup as I would only have been 5 or 6 at the time. I hope this information might help you if you are able to do any searching on my behalf or are able to assist in giving me directions to go with my search. Thanks Dympna

Hi Dympna,

Around what year was Alice born?

Brendan

Hi Dympna,

Marriage of Rose Anne attached

Brendan

Hi Dympna,

Alice 1901 attached.

Brendan

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
She is recorded as being 68 in the 1911 census so that would mean she was born in 1843. Rose Anne her daughter (my grandmother) was 22 in 1911 and my oldest uncle was 1 which is correct as he died in 2003 aged 93.

Hi Dympna,

Rose Anne birth attached

Brendan

Hello Dympna,

MsGeown is spelt wrong on Alice's marriage record.

Please see attached.

Brendan

Hi Dympna,

I can see how the mistake was made.

Original marriage certificate attached.

Brendan

Hi Dympna,

I only see farmers, no doctors.

Brendan

Hi Dympna,

I found Alice's baptism.

Please see attached

Brendan

PS I live in Ireland

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I agree that was certainly not true. I would have been hanging on their every word so I gave them the perfect opportunity. Where in Ireland do you live? I also want to do searches on my paternal Grandfather and my maternal grandmother and grandfather are these separate searches? Just to finish the current search can you fine James Magones death certificate and the record for my grandparents marriage (Alice Magone to ***** *****) Curious why he wasn’t in the house hold in the 1911 census?

Hi Dympna,

I live in Dublin,

Alice married James McGeown.

Her maiden name was Fegan,

Rose married ***** *****.

Brendan

Brendan