Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience:  Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.
70223666

I am working towards obtaining an Irish passport by descent

I am working towards obtaining an Irish passport by descent from my Grandmother who was born in Killibegs, Donegal, Ireland on May 20th 1901. Her mothers name was Bridget McNelis. I have her birth record but I think I need a proper certificate and do not know how to get one. She moved to England for much of her life so all UK records since her birth have been relatively easy to obtain through the government web sites but I need to obtain whatever I need to support a claim to obtain the Irish passport. I have been on ancestry.co.uk but can't fined anything there.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Birth records

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer, and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to do whatever I can to try to help you.

Please note that the automated email from Just Answer is not available for calls to or from anywhere other than the USA, so it is not available for your question. I will be happy to text back and forth here on this page.

Brendan

Hello there,

Please find attached civil birth cert.

You can order online here:

https://www2.hse.ie/services/births-deaths-and-marriages/order/birth-certificate/

Brendan

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I had to take the trailing /Brendon off the web address but that is absolutely perfect. I have ordered a birth certificate so we'll see. I will also say that this site has been worth every penny. Very impressed. indeed

Hello there,

I live in Ireland, it has been my pleasure

Brendan